Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alkaline foods

Is it just me or does it take effort to eat vegetables?  Until recently, it would take a month for me to meet the daily recommended number of servings. 

Vegetables had this stigma with me for years -- salads meant high fat dressing; store bought veggies meant good intentions thrown out (rotten) a week later; and peeling, chopping, and dicing meant precious time.

I convinced myself for two weeks that my pH strips were broken when they came back glowing, radioactive yellow (acidic).  pH strips broken, ha. 

I decided one day to eat a ton of vegetables to prove my theory of busted pH strips.  Guess what happened.  Yes, my pH strip came back green (alkaline).  I was overjoyed at the results, shocked, and hooked on this new veggie pHenomenon. 

Alkaline foods
Alfalfa
Beets
Cabbage
Carrots
Peas
Celery
Garlic
Lettuce
Onions
Cucumber
Radishes
Spinach
Cauliflower
Green Beans
Cayenne Pepper
Sprouted radish or chia seeds
Asparagus
Wheat grass
Zucchini...and many more!

There are so many fun ways to prepare them and I look forward to exchanging new, fresh ideas.  Veggie sandwiches, veggie omelet, sauteed veggies...this is making me hungry for a midnight snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment