Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome to Healthy Vibe!

My sister Lisa inspired me to start this blog. How could my healthy, vibrant, beautiful, and creative 36 year old sister be diagnosed with breast cancer?

She never smokes, does drugs, nor drinks excessively. Lisa exercises and takes great care of herself. The cancer calculation was not adding up in my analytical mind.

I didn't know what to do when Lisa called me and told me her diagnosis, but I knew that I needed to get out of my office for the afternoon.

Over the next few days I discovered several things. First, I don't see my sister enough. Second, I needed to become an expert on stage II infiltrating ductal carcinoma. Third, it was time for me to bring my healthy vibe to life somehow. So, here I am.

Lisa -- my awesome sister -- has her own blog and it is filled with creativity and first hand experience that all of us will benefit from.

Please visit it here: http://takingyourlumps.blogspot.com/
Send healthy, healing thoughts to Lisa!

The purpose of Healthy Vibe is to discover -- learn -- educate -- inspire -- support -- create -- do anything I can in connection with health.

No comments:

Post a Comment