Sunday, July 4, 2010

H2O options

Here is one great thing about improving the water flowing through 70% of our bodies...we can make a big difference without spending a ton of money.

There is part of my personality that wants "the best" solution that solves "100%" of my H2O dilemma...but I have to remind myself that stressing out about it is not exactly "healthy."

So, I make small steps and learn along the way. One thing I know for sure is that I will eventually buy my Alka-Life 3000 SL (and I will be grateful).

Bottled water
Bottled water is usually classified by its source (spring, spa, geyser, public water supply, etc.), by its mineral content, or by the type of treatment it has undergone (steam-distilled, reverse osmosis, etc.). 

Artesion: Well water

Bottled drinking water: Fit for human consumption with about 25% coming from a municipal source (i.e., the same water supply that flows through our taps).

Deionized: Removal of electrons which removes nitrates, calcium, magnesium, and heavy metals.

Mineral water: Water with at least 250 parts per million of total dissolved solids.  Be aware, mineral type will vary between brands.

Natural spring water: This really means that the mineral content has not been altered.  It may or may not have been treated or filtered.

Steam-distilled: Distillation vaporizes water by boiling it.  When the steam rises, it leaves behind most of the bacteria, viruses, chemicals, minerals, and pollutants.  The steam is then moved into a condensing chamber, where it is cooled and condenses to become distilled water.  As mentioned in prior posts, if you are concerned about the lack of minerals try this Liqumins ConcenTrace Trace Mineral Drops, Low Sodium, 8-Ounce Bottle.

On a personal note...
I have been drinking steam distilled water for over ten years.  It is delivered to my home in five gallon containers twice a month because I got tired of lugging gallons home from the grocery store.  Most big name water distributors (e.g., Sparkletts) sell distilled water.

With my recent pH awareness, I discovered that my steam distilled water was acidic (sigh...).  Therefore, I now add these drops and create wonderfully alkaline steam distilled water.  The bottle lasts awhile because one glass of water only requires a few drops.

Hydrate and hydrate well...happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment