People have all sorts of advice for goals. What works for you?
- Written goals
- SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely)
- Varying time horizons - 30, 60, 90, 180 days & 1, 3, 5, 10 years
- Balanced and multi-dimensional:
- Physical (e.g., weight loss, exercise, makeover of hair/clothes, etc.)
- Mental/wealth/liberty (have more money, travel, job promotion, school/grades)
- Spiritual (yoga, reading, quiet time, contributing to the community, whatever inspires)
- Emotional (being more connected to friends, family, letting go, balance work/life, etc.)
- Visualization - to think is to create
Personally, some of my goals were to spend time relaxing with family, be healthy, and travel. This week we hit for the cycle. First, we headed to the west coast. Second, my husband competed in his first triathlon with his brother. He trained for 2-3 months, looks great, and our daughters had an absolute blast cheering on Dad and their Uncle. It was so cool to see my husband compete and train with his brother. Third, all of this exercise aligns with eating well! The homerun is an overall relaxing vacation with family.
As we draft and re-draft our ambitions it is always good to create synergy by aligning goals over the short and long-term.
You can be whatever you want to be...to think is to create. How can I support you?