Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lifestyle -- Sleep

I am going to keep my post shorter tonight in support of one goal: more sleep.

This intangible thing called 'sleep' has become a commodity.  It is negotiated, exchanged, compromised, discounted, and downgraded. 

But there is upside to its scarcity: free time; time to get organized; be the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker; time to read, and think, learn and create. 

It really has nothing to do with sleep.  It's just that I love being awake.

Is there anything that can make the lifestyle choice of 'more sleep' easier to incorporate into busy schedules?  Here are some ideas from the National Sleep Foundation:
  • Listen to music – begin an hour or more before the time you expect to fall asleep.
  • Create a relaxing environment.  Pay attention to lighting.
  • Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows.
So many positive choices.  I see higher thread count in my near future.

Note the time stamp on this post...I have some work sleep to do.

Sleep well and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment